So you’re heading to Prague and looking for a Hotel that’s both reasonably priced but not a complete dump too? We’ve got you covered.
In this article we take a look at 7 of the cheapest hostels we’ve found in the beautiful City of Prague, that offers all of the conveniences we travelers want, at a fraction of the cost of some of the more ‘well-known’ places.
Short on time?…
Quick answer: the cheapest hostels in Prague
7 of The Cheapest Hostels in Prague
1. Hostel Fontana
This phenomenal yet cheap hostel is situated in the residential area of Dejvice, Prague. It offers mixed dormitories which are also referred to as rooms with a common bathroom for their guests.
Other common rooms include the TV lounge area where you get your entertainment, a common freezer, and kettle. There is also ample storage for luggage. Upon payment, you are provided with bed linen for your comfortable stay.
The hostel is in close proximity to areas such as the Dejvice metro station, Prague Castle, St Vitus Cathedral, Wenceslas square, and Vaclav Havel airport. Public transport is available to and from the area with free street parking at specific times.
Common facilities include free wifi, restaurants, and cafes within the vicinity, CCTV security in the area, currency exchange, luggage area, and facilities for the disabled.
- Close vicinity to common areas in Prague Among the cheapest hostel in Prague
- Free parking outside
- Food and drinks services closed by the hostel.
- Some of the facilities are shared hence no privacy
- Open to many people in one dormitory.
2. Easy Housing Hostel
Another cheap hostel housing option is this which has similar features such as shared rooms and appliances in the hostel. There is a seating place in several rooms for entertainment.
They have a shared kitchen where you can share your meals or just use the devices to make a meal for yourself. The staffs are said to be friends who offer guidance to anyone who may be lost or just need assistance.
Facilities and services offered at this hostel include free wifi, free parking and privatized parking as well, great relaxing areas including lounge and garden. They also offer drops and pickups from the airport.
There are a tour desk and reception at the vicinity, baggage area and assured security including CCTV among others.
- Vending machines in the vicinity for easy access to snacks
- Key card access to the vicinity for added security.
- Airport and shuttle services but at additional costs.
- Soundproof rooms for added privacy
- They also have shared rooms and facilities which could discourage those who don’t like to share.
- Quite a distance from common areas in the state.
3. Sir Toby’s Hostel
This hostel is only 100 meters from the Delnicka tram station and a few minutes drive or cycle from the city center of Prague. The rooms are better looking with furnishings arranged well in every room including workspaces.
The hostel also offers privatized washroom areas in some of the rooms. Besides that, they have a common kitchen for shared facilities on the ground floor. The vicinity has pubs for added entertainment.
Sir Toby’s hostel has the following facilities: free wifi, open to use 5 computers that are also allowed for guests to use. They also have airport drops and pickups with additional charges. Shuttle rides, parking outside the vicinity and private parking at 12 euros a day.
They also take security very seriously with CCTV cameras all around the vicinity. In the hostel, there is a safety deposit box for guests who need to place their valuables.
- Weekly buffet breakfast and bbq meals.
- They have transport facilities open to their guests even though it’s at an added fee.
- A 24-hour running front desk that receives guests at any time.
- There is heating available in the rooms
- A lift for faster room access.
- There are shared rooms such as the entertainment lounge known as the family room and kitchen
- Maybe close to the city but not in clear vicinity to recreational areas
4. Czech Inn Hostel
The Czech inn hostel is a refurbished hostel that took the place of an abandoned 19th-century building and turned it from something historical to something beautiful.
The hostel features stylishly designed rooms with other facilities like a brick cellar bar in the vicinity.
The bar offers warm and delicious breakfast every day plus a fun filled room of entertainment, food, and drinks in the evening. Other facilities and services offered at the inn include transport to and fro the airport via a shuttle at a fee and free wifi.
There are cleaning services in the vicinity meaning you don’t have to look for laundromats. There is also daily housekeeping, 24 hours security services including the key card access and safety deposit boxes for their guests.
This hotel is believed to be one of the best hotels in the world today. It has modern facilities and excellent outside environment that helps to view natural sceneries directly.
The closest metro station to the hostel is the Namesti Miru metro which you can walk to. There are also tram and bus stops at a foot distance.
Just like the Fontana hostel, the Wenceslas square and old town square is close by.
- Close vicinity to leisure spots like the squares
- Transport to and fro with a shuttle.
- Warm daily breakfast served in the vicinity
- There is also an in house coffee spot.
- The hostel offers atm services saving you the hustle of having to look for one.
- Shared rooms curb the issue of privacy.
- The transport both for shuttle and airport offered comes at a fee.
- The security deposit box feature is also at a cost.
5. Hostel Marabou
Another historical rebirth is this hostel. Located on a 19th-century building offers calm and peaceful accommodation. The rooms are furnished with a contemporary and funky mix with a classic feel.
It is a homey place that offers buffet-style breakfast daily together with an in-house bar that aids to entertain the guests. There is a small library in the vicinity with a lounge area, a shared kitchen and a football table for sake of added entertainment.
For other entertainment purposes, it is close proximity to the Wenceslas square and just half a kilometer to the Prague astronomical clock. The hostel has a metro station nearby which is Krizikova just less than half a kilometer away.
Facilities and services available at the hostel include pet access, outdoor relaxing spots at the garden and furniture. There is a bbq area as well, a bar and food and drinks areas.
- They have Express check-ins and out services for fast accommodation.
- Atm service that is close by & free WiFi.
- There are Laundry and cleaning services.
- A lot of games and recreational activities to undertake.
- Security is tight here with CCTV and key card access to the area.
- Packed lunches to cater to those who may notes able to get time for lunch
- Shared areas may not be such a lovely thing.
- Parking is at a small fee.
- No transport is provided by the hostel.
6. Chilli Hostel
This hostel is among the most beautiful hostels in Prague. It is located on a 5-floor building on the Vltava River. The area has a charming and beautiful environment with open spaces for air, and sunlight to shine through the rooms.
There are common rooms including the lounge and the kitchen area. The non-smoking hostel offers both shared and privatized washroom areas to their guests together with lockers against a surcharge.
The hostel has restaurants in close vicinity as well as historical sights.
The Charles bridge together with the Prague castle is only but a few minutes away. There are also metro stations in close range including the Namesti Muri and Myslikova tram station.
Facilities and services offered here include free wifi, concierge and transport services, atm services and luggage storage spaces. There also allow pets at a cost, laundry and cleaning services and vending machines.
- 24 hours everyday front desk services to their guests.
- Laundry services are close by.
- Close vicinity to the city and recreation areas.
- Security is paramount at the hostel.
- They have shared rooms in the hostel. The private bathroom rooms are rarely free.
7. A&O Prag- Rhea hostel
This hostel is located only a few minutes from the city center of Prague in close proximity to the Malesicky park. The hostel is located in a good and strategic are close to the Zborov tram station and the Strasnicka metro station.
One amazing thing about this hostel is that all the rooms available come fully furnished, private wash area and entertainment section which includes a TV. Meal wise, the hostel has open breakfast for their guest served buffet style.
Leisure and recreation come easy in this hostels with close proximity to bowling alleys and food and drinks spots as well. The closest airport to the hostel is the Vaclav Havel airport which is a good 25 km away.
Facilities offered include cycling lanes, pet accessibility, free wifi, vending machines, and a lift.
- 24/7 front desk and reception services open for all their guests.
- A common lounge for watching sports stations.
- They allow pets at no additional costs.
- There is an atm machine in the area
- There is Express check in and out services.
- Daily housekeeping services as well as cleaning services for those who want to do laundry.
- You have to sort out all your other meals besides the buffet breakfast.
- The TVs in the rooms don’t have sports channels